Sunday, July 12, 2015

Lollipop for Wind Ascend Mate2

At the beginning of the month Huawei released Android Lollipop as a preview to work through some of the bugs.  This is about the time that most of us Ascend Mate 2 started to rejoice and scrambled to the website to download the update only to find that it is ONLY for the international version of the device. We the Mate 2 owners that bought from a carrier sat and watched while others got all the lollipop goodies that came with the upgrade... We were a bit bitter and envious.

Now with some help from a post on XDA,  thanks to Kostyan_nsk we all have a way to make our phones international and upgrade to the lollipop preview.

Go to the above post and follow the steps outlined within to upgrade your Wind Ascend Mate 2 to the latest and greatest.

I can't vouch that the upgrade works yet as I have not had time to do it myself,  but it seems that others Who have tried on XDA have had luck upgrading their phone to lollipop using the instructions.

Before you start,  one thing you might want to note is that there are reports that the battery life is not as good as it was on Jellybean.

Update 07/14/15:

I have taken the plunge and have performed this update on my Ascend Mate 2. I have to say that the process is VERY straight forward and almost fool proof (I messed up a couple of times).

I can confirm that there is more power consumption post-upgrade,  but I also have to say this upgrade (even being a preview) is TOTALLY WORTH IT.  Seriously,  it is like getting the phone you really wanted and the camera and email improvements alone are worth the upgrade.

I will do a separate post that will go over the upgrade and an in-depth review of Lollipop on the Ascend Mate 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment